Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Evidence of "devil may care" attitudes in Moscow


Hurray, I found finally found the Starbucks!
Boo, a miniature latte is $6

I've been trying to come up with a top ten, but here's my top Five

1) Taxi drivers drive stick shifts while talking on their cell phones, cutting off pedestrians and running red lights (both Petersburg and Moscow)

2) Beer regularly drunk on the street mid-day. No, it's not a bottle of diet coke, it's a 6% beer or can of Gin and Tonic. I saw teenagers having a beer at lunch outside of school. Wonder what study room is like...

3) Waiter used a large shot glass of vodka to ignite my frajitas, tableside. Right near the paper napkins. I kept my eyebrows thanksfully.

4) In restaurants, vodka is cheaper than bottle water.

5) No "cafe byest caffino" - decaf coffee in the cafes. Gotta be sharp to navigate this town!




Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog


No comments: