Sunday, March 29, 2009

Moscow River v. Paris' Seine

Larry: What's up Alison? Tell me about your trip to the Uruguayuan ambassador's house.

Alison: In in effort to meet more English speakers, I went to the International Women's Group of Moscow general meeting, held at the ambassador's house. It was a faded, old mansion in a Beaux Art part of town. I was jealous because you got to go to American ambassador's house on Monday. This was not the same experience, lots of women jammed into a too small ballroom. So, see any good sites in Moscow this week?

Larry: I think you were with me, but I'd say the highlight was discovering a glass covered pedestrian bridge across the Moscow River on Saturday. The river banks reminded me of Paris--

Alison: Hold on, Paris? How about Petersburg?

Larry: How about both cities?

Alison: It was a nice view, and a part of the city you rarely see photographed, which is a shame. The view was so nice, we walked across the river *again* that evening sans Le Sash. At night, with the smokestacks hidden, it did look vaguely Parisienne.

Larry: We should go back and take pictures, so our readers can see it, too.

No comments: