Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Our Kosmo-Star



Larry:

We are going to the Cat Circus on Sunday. There are supposed to be
dogs in it as well. A report will follow.

Today, I got lost in Kitai Gorod, the section of town that I will
teach in. I ended up on a lively street, Maroseyka ul., lined with
shops and restaurants. We'll go back to explore. I also stumbled into
the afternoon service at the Grand Synagogue, an old synagogue that is
still going strong. Two security guards let me in. I spoke Hebrew to
the people inside, because my Russian has a long ways to go.
This was a good day to get lost. The sun was out after a long absence.


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog


2 comments:

MBK said...

I can't wait to hear if there's some crazy anti-semitic act in the cat circus! What could it be...a cat bar mitzvah? A cat bris?? Cats going out for Chinese on Christmas Eve? Please report. --Michael

Karen Mel. said...

Love the photo of Miss Sasha!! Can't show it to my kids or they will want shipments of Cosmonaut cereal, too. Does it taste like Qwisp?